Thursday, January 29, 2009

25 Random Things About Myself

I've seen that this is going around lately. I was tagged on Facebook, but I wanted to post it here too. It makes for some interesting reading if nothing else. So have fun!

1. I don't get to sleep as much as I would like.
2. I dislike my job, but I'm glad to have it right now. 

3. I have always set lofty goals for myself, in running and in life. I've managed to achieve (somehow) my goals in running so far. In life, I'm just winging it.
4. I LOVE Reese's Peanut Butter Cups! The only things better are Reese's Peanut Butter Christmas Trees, Easter Eggs, and Valentine's Hearts, because they're bigger and contain even MORE peanut butter!
5. I've been blessed with a wonderful family and great friends and I am very thankful.

6. I will finish an Ironman triathlon sometime within the next 3 years. It's something I've wanted to do since high school and I think I'm finally putting myself into a position to make it a reality.
7. I'm an avid reader, but I find it hard to read as much as I would like. 
8. I think the Great Lakes Brewing Co. makes some of the finest beers in the world.

9. I'm a Walt Disney World nut. I could live and/or work there.
10. Sometimes I come across a quote, or a line from a book, song, or movie that I find to be so profound that it feels like I've run into a brick wall.
11. Today I read this, "Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world." However, I won't say where it's from or by whom. Some of you may know.

12. One of my favorite movies is Joe Versus the Volcano. 
13. I'm fascinated with what the meaning of life might be. If there even is one.

14. I'm not looking forward to shaving my legs once spring arrives.
15. I constantly make new word contractions because my brain combines two different words that I'm thinking of at the same time.
16. I need to wash the dishes at home.
17. Inattentive drivers upset me. Especially when I'm stuck behind them.
18. I'm very mild mannered and patient, but when I get upset, I really get upset.

19. I'm extremely proud of my son for how well he's doing in school and how well-rounded a kid he is.
20. I'm tired of shoveling snow.
21. I'm having a hard time coming up with 25 random things about myself.
22. I tend to think about things too much.
23. I derive a perverse pleasure from killing insects.
24. I'm addicted to Hershey's Bliss Dark Chocolates.

25. I would love to win the lottery so I could spend my time doing the things I WANT to instead of the things I HAVE to.

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

Hi Dan,
How funny, 6 of the first 7 things you wrote would fit me perfectly, no ironman in my future if you were wondering which wasn't me. And the peanut butter thing, I'm a fanatic, but been avoiding all things peanut not in my Peter Pan jar lately.