Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1/6/09

I logged another 10 miles on the bike trainer this morning, but speed work was cancelled tonight due to freezing rain. I almost didn't even go because it was already starting to freeze when I left work. Conditions deteriorated rapidly after I got to the track. Marsha and Lisa were there as well, but decided to reschedule. I managed 2 miles and that was all. From the time I started to the time I stopped, the track went from wet to very slick. Speed work was out of the question due to no traction and any additional miles were out due to wanting to get home before the roads got too bad. Unfortunately the roads WERE bad. I slid quite a ways heading towards one intersection, only to stop just before reaching it, but had no serious mishaps. I hope everyone made it home safely.

No comments: