Saturday, January 10, 2009

Let it Snow

This is the kind of weather that would have been amazing to wake up to on Christmas morning. A light fluffy snowfall. 10 inches of light fluffy snow! I shoveled twice today and aside from those forays outdoors, we didn't go anywhere. I should have turned the news on at some point, but didn't. From what the evening news reported, most of the counties in the area were asking people to stay off the roads unless they absolutely had to. We didn't have to go anywhere so I was happy to stay home. I was able to get a 30 mile ride on the bike trainer in around lunch time. Had to stop half way to climb the stairs in my cleats and grab some cookies because I got a little hungry. (Don't worry Hunny, these cleats are indoor friendly as they have rubber pads to walk on. Not like the previous pair that would have permanently gouged the wood floor!) The bike ride, coupled with the shoveling has left me exhausted tonight. I crashed on the couch for a bit before making dinner. But as I sit here writing and drinking my last bottle of Great Lakes Imperial Dortmunder, I'm still a little groggy. I'm either going to bed early or will hit my second wind and have a hard time falling asleep. 

No comments: