Friday, January 23, 2009

1/22/09


Today's photograph is of some Maple tree leaves I shot in 2007. Without checking, I'm not exactly sure where it's from, but I would venture a guess that it's from somewhere on the Walt Disney World Property. I chose it because I've got some spring fever starting, even though we're supposed to top 40 degrees today. But it's supposed to head back into the teens overnight and during the day tomorrow. I could just really go for some summer right now.
-
When I woke up yesterday, my legs weren't as sore as I thought they would be after riding 20 miles the night before. So, as much as I would have liked to lay in bed, I got up and lifted for half an hour. I've been able to increase my amount of activity in the three disciplines, however my strength training has fallen off as a result. I'm going to need to find a way to fit in more time with the weights.
-
Last night was busy. After waiting at the vet. to pick up some supplies for Penny, I had an errand to run before I could get to the Rec. to run. When I finally got there, around 7:15 or so, I was able to get right down to business. I chatted with our neighbors for a few seconds as I was doing a warm up mile. I then ran 5 miles with a mile cool-down. My time was 52:17 including the cool-down mile. Not real fast, but fast enough. My mile splits were: 7:18 / 7:12 / 7:15 / 7:36 / 7:19 / and 8:09. Now that I look at it, that was pretty fast. Fast for January anyway. Of course I was sweating buckets because it is so hot in there with minimal air movement. It's almost as bad as running on one of their treadmills.
-
I was hoping to swim tonight but the pool is closed due to a high school swim meet. I will try to fit in some time on the bike instead. Maybe when I'm ready to take a break from painting the first floor. Yes, after almost 5 years of living in our house, we're finally getting around to painting it. Just what I need on my plate, more work.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

...uh...those aren't maple leaves. They're sycamore leaves. Nice photo tho!