Tuesday, January 27, 2009

100th Post!

100 already? I guess it has been nearly a year since I first started writing so I shouldn't be surprised.

Yesterday went well. I went to the running club meeting and was glad to see a large turnout. I was a little worried about finding the library in Hinkley as it was dark and I had never been there before. But I found it just fine. There was a guest speaker from a full and half marathon training group. She had a good presentation, it just wasn't geared for me or for where I'm at right now. Heather would probably find a group like that very beneficial. But she's doing pretty good training on her own. I brought my logo concepts and they seemed to go over well. There were six or seven that were picked out to take a bit further, including one by Marsha. I'll work some more on them, clean them up, and get them to her so she can include them in the club newsletter. Then everyone can vote they're favorite.

After the meeting I went straight to the Rec. to run. I needed to run. I started a little after 8:00 with a mile warm-up. Then I ran 6 miles at tempo pace, which ended up being 7:30 on the nose every time! Finally a mile cool down to total 8 miles for a Monday night. I had my new shoes out for they're second run and they felt wonderful! I'm hoping to have more weekly mileage heading into Rite Aid in May than in any race I've done yet. If I can just start to maintain some consistency, I think I'll do just fine.

No comments: