Monday, February 2, 2009

Super Bowl Run

I had the chance to join a group run with the running club yesterday before the Super Bowl, and with the wonderful weather, I wasn't going to pass this chance up. We had another 12 inches of snow on Wednesday, bringing our January monthly total to within a couple inches of the all-time record, but Sunday's weather rectified what Mother Nature has thrown at us so far this winter. It was beautiful with temperatures in the low to mid 40s and sun. SUN! It was great to get outside with other runners, put on the sunglasses, and wear SHORTS! We did an 8 mile course through the south side of Medina, which is much hillier than the north side where I run most of the time. I didn't mind at all. We had a fairly large group running at a decent pace for a long run. We went down so many side streets I couldn't tell you where we went exactly. I'm going to have to run down there more often.

It just kind of hit me this weekend that I'm just a week out from the Tackle the Tower Stair Climb. 37 stories that I'm not really prepared for (again). I was hoping to train more specifically for this event after last year. I've been so focused on swim, bike, run training, I've neglected the leg strength training and hill workouts. I'm just going to do what I can and leave it at that. I would love to better my time from last year, but if it doesn't happen, I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. I climbed in 5:48 last year and was 12th in my age group. I know I'm in better overall condition than this time last year, so maybe I can squeak out something a little faster. Something that would put me in the top ten of the age group would be nice...

No comments: