Monday, January 5, 2009

1/5/09

Nothing very interesting to report as today was more or less a recovery day. I'm just trying to keep on top of that resolution of mine to report daily if possible. I did some cross-training after work: 30 minutes of strength training and 15 minutes on the elliptical. My legs still retained some of their "jelly-ness" from yesterday's triple session.  Best to let them rest a bit as tomorrow night is time for more speed work.

Today I also found the marathon training plan I intend to use for both the spring and fall events. I'm going with the Advanced Plan from Hal Higdon, with some minor modifications. Like I don't plan to run 6 out of 7 days. And I don't plan on doing two nights of speed work a week. And I need to fit in time to swim and bike. So I'm starting with his plan but I'm going to do some customizing. But man, there's still going to be a lot of running going on. I'm interested in what my results will be if I can stick to it. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

No comments: