Friday, January 16, 2009

1/16/09, or That's REALLY Too Cold!


-12. We hit -12 at the airport. I had -8 in the car this morning. Now that's REALLY too cold! I can't wait till we get some warmer temperatures. Like something in the 20s. That would be really nice!

So I was stuck indoors yet again. Which is alright. There's plenty I can do indoors in January. One is swimming. But I wouldn't have been able to get into the pool until right about now, so I ended up running again. It turns out that the Mrs. had managed to log more running miles than me so far this week. Of course I had to do something about that. I ran 7 miles on that little 1/10th of a mile track. That would be 70 laps for the mathematically challenged. Same process as last night. My splits were: 7:45 / 7:34 / 7:18 / 7:31 / 7:17 / a 3:40 half / a 3:16 half / and an 8:28 cool down. I don't know why running in there makes me want to run intervals, but it does. I still can't wait to get back outside. Maybe Sunday.

The photo today is from the Gladstone, Michigan boat harbor. I shot it in July, 2008. There was no swimming today, but there will be some this weekend. I'd like to go for 2 miles, but I'll have to see how things work out.

Oh, one more thing. Now I'm 2 miles ahead of the Mrs. for the week.

No comments: