Friday, January 16, 2009

1/15/09, or That's Too Cold

Yesterday we had -5 degrees on the car thermometer in the morning. That's cold. That's TOO cold. Going outside to run isn't even on my radar in this kind of weather. So I went up to the Rec. last night and ran on their indoor track. 6 miles. That's 60 laps in the outside lane. Hard to keep count of 60 laps. Only have 8 fingers and 2 thumbs. So I counted off each lap to a mile and took a split on my watch. That made it easier. I can't wait to get back outside again though. Maybe Sunday? We'll see.

When I arrived at the Rec. last night, the car said 8 degrees. When I left, it was 2 degrees. And the wind had started. When I stopped at Applebee's to pick up a couple burgers for dinner, I found that the window was frozen shut. That's too cold.

No comments: