Saturday, March 8, 2008

New Race Added

Just a quick post to let everyone know I've made a last minute addition to my 2008 schedule. One week from today, Mrs. P and I will be doing the St. Malachi Run.  She'll be doing the 2 mile and I will be doing the 5 mile event. Hopefully the weather will be more seasonal and NOT like today.  We're getting hammered here with snow.  Fortunately we don't have the wind they're getting further south, but it still sucks.  I'll be indoors this weekend.

Which leads me to one other thing I need to mention.  I picked up my bike from Century Cycles on Thursday, and I'm excited to get my new pedals on it.  A few weeks ago, I bought a new set of Look pedals to replace the Shimano pedals the bike came with.  But I just could not get the old ones off.  I spent about an hour yanking on those things, but to no avail.  So I left it to the pros at Century.  There is a significant weight difference between the old and the new.  Plus I've also upgraded my shoes, so I'm hoping the slight weight decrease will lead to some faster times this season.

Mr. P 

No comments: