Friday, March 28, 2008

New Race Added For Tomorrow!

Well it is a new race. And it is tomorrow. But it's not really so exciting to warrant the exclamation mark. The race is the first annual (?) Around the Town 5K. It's here in Medina, so that's the main reason I'm running it. That, and the fact that Mrs. P was involved with the production of the event. So I'm grading you! I hope you do a good job! (She may or may not read this.)


Any way, as far as 5K's go, I did just one last year. I like to go a bit longer, the 5K distance is so close to a sprint, I just don't feel comfortable when I run them. I don't have access to my PRs right now, but I can check them later. If my memory serves me right, I'm thinking my best time is around 22 and a half minutes. I have recorded some faster 5K splits during duathlons, but I'm not sure how accurate the courses were measured, so I'm not counting those.

OK, I just retrieved my records and here's what we have. My 5K PR is 21:56.42 and I set it at the 1992 Cruise For the Critters in Cleveland. Wow, that's an old one! I would love to beat that tomorrow. As for last year's Run 4 Fun in Medina, I finished in 23:50.72. I should be able to beat that, as I was having some extreme shin pain when I ran that last year. I'll let you know how things go.

Mr. P

No comments: