Friday, March 14, 2008

5 Mile PR

Let me start by just saying that I was really a bum yesterday. Not only did I skip my morning workout, but I skipped out on my evening one as well. But I do have a reason for missing the second one. Jr. P went to a birthday party last night, so with the driving around, I wasn't going to get a good workout in anyway. Ended up getting a pizza at the new local Scorchers restaurant. It was all right, but the Dortmunders were fabulous. Like I've said before, I'm not exactly a stickler for schedules anyway.

Now for the important stuff. After no digging around at all, for I am very  anal about keeping pristine records regarding important stuff, I was able to locate my 5 mile PR time. At the 1994 Cleveland Turkey Trot, I finished with a time of 35:50. What is that, 7:10 per mile? That's pretty good for me. I don't think I'm going to even touch that tomorrow. More realistically, I have a shot at beating my time from last July of 36:13. Well, now that I look at it, that's less than 5 seconds per mile additional. I didn't realize I had pulled off a time like that recently. I've been so preoccupied with 26.2, I haven't attempted to bring my times down for my shorter distances. I don't want to say I can't beat 36 minutes. That's just admitting defeat prematurely. I guess I'll just go out hard, like I always do. If it's dry tomorrow, and not too cold, I may have a shot. I've been on the treadmill mostly, but my pace has been faster than what I would normally do on the road. I suppose anything is possible. I will dutifully report back tomorrow afternoon.

Mr. P

No comments: