Saturday, March 15, 2008

2008 St. Malachi 5 Mile Run



I'm sitting here, waiting for the official results to be posted to the race website. Am I impatient? Am I hoping they will hurry up? No, not really. It's just a lazy Saturday afternoon, we have dinner plans with friends later, and I've really nothing better to do right now. Of course, I'm not going to publish this post until I have the official results.

But here's what I do have: 5 miles in an unofficial time of 36:10.86. That's only 20 seconds off my PR. I'm VERY happy with that kind of time in March. I've done very few races in the month of March. On average, my first races don't normally occur until well into April. Come on results! OK, maybe I will publish this, and then come back and edit it later.

Ask and you shall receive! Official results are just posted! My official time was 36:09.90. That's 7:14 minute miles. Which is deceiving because we had two hills on the course that definitely affected my pace and consequently, my time. All in all, the hills weren't too bad though, with the worst one being at the very end, ending at the finish line. It was fun to go into an all out sprint to the finish going uphill. The weather was very cooperative this morning. We had mid 30's with a little fog. With no wind, it was very nice running this morning. My time placed me at 25 of 88 in my age group and 182 of over 1,000 overall. I'll take that.

My next shot at 5 miles is on the 4th of July, so I have a little time in which to prepare for another PR attempt.

It is good to be alive!

Mr. P

No comments: