Thursday, February 5, 2009

2/4/09, or Four in a Row

Last night I did 3 miles on the indoor track. It's cold again. And snowing. So inside I stay. Especially during the week when I don't even have the luxury of daylight on my side. I ran at about my 10K to 10 mile pace with splits of 7:56 / 7:28 / and 7:04. The more important thing about last night's run is that it was the fourth day in a row that I have run. I NEVER run on consecutive days. EVER! My shins have always bothered me when I don't allow rest days between runs. Something has changed. I think it's the shoes. But I suppose it's possible I've gotten strong enough to handle daily mileage. I've put in 20 miles since Sunday.

I plan on taking tonight and tomorrow off from running though. I need to rest up a bit for the Tackle the Tower Stair Climb on Saturday. The starting times are out today and I climb at 16 minutes and 20 seconds after 9:00 AM.

I'm really not prepared at all for this.

No comments: