Thursday, February 26, 2009

Some Tempo Miles

Just a quick update today. Tuesday night I was the only one at the track for speed work. But that's alright because it was spotty snow and ice patches so "speed" was kinda out of the question. So I decided to just run some miles. 5 miles to be more exact. Each progressively faster than the previous one with no recovery between. The splits were: 7:59 / 7:37 / 7:08 / 6:59 / and a mile cool-down at 9:29. I felt pretty good throughout. My traction slipped only a couple times and I had to watch one corner in particular, but a decent workout. The best part was that I had daylight for the entire workout except for the cool-down. Excellent!

Last night I hit the neighborhood for 4.5 miles. It was so nice to wear shorts again. Of course I was also wearing two long sleeve tech shirts, gloves, and an ear band, but it was nice none the less. Once again I worked on running each mile faster than the previous one, with splits of 7:46 / 7:39 / 7:25 / and 6:42 with a half mile cool down back to the house. Thank you Garmin for giving me mile splits when I'm on the road. I don't know how I could run without you again! Well, I know how I would run without you, but I don't think I'd enjoy it as much. As the Queen lyric goes: You're my best friend...

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

I knew you would have a new best friend in Mr. Garmin. See you in the morning.