Wednesday, February 18, 2009

2/17/09

Today's photograph is from a garden at Colonial Williamsburg where we visited in June of 2008. If I remember correctly, the temperature that day was near 100 degrees (or more) with a heat index of 106 degrees or something thereabouts. I wanted to post something that reminded me of being warm. We ran at the track last night and I was freezing. And I'm tired of it being so dark too. It was bright and hot on that trip last year when we visited numerous places we had never been before like Williamsburg, VA, Washington D.C., Baltimore, MD, Gettysburg, PA, and Hershey, PA. I know Colonial Williamsburg isn't for everyone, but I would recommend visiting it at least once. I was fascinated by the fact that EVERYTHING was being done as it would have in the 1700s. It was incredibly interesting and I look forward to returning there again in the future.

Now for the speed work. After a long 2.5 mile warm-up we were in for 3 X 1 mile repeats with 800 meters rest between. Our splits were 6:47 (slow) / 6:34 (about right) / and 6:23 (that was a hard one!). The temperature was about 38 degrees but there was a very stiff wind out of the south again. It wasn't too bad while running, but we walked the half mile cool-down and that's when the chills really set in. I sure liked the weather we had last Tuesday much better.


No comments: