Tuesday, February 3, 2009

2/2/09

Today's (or yesterday's, rather) photo is from "you-know-where" from 2007. "Why Cindy's Castle?" you may ask. Well, the answer is two-fold.

One: I just read a race report from a member of the running club who ran the Goofy Race and a Half at WDW in January, which consists of running the half marathon on Saturday and the full marathon on Sunday. It's always nice to hear about people's trips down there. Maybe someday? Probably.

Two: I've been itching to get away from Ohio because of the severity of this winter, and that's our favorite place to go.

Three: (Bonus) We've been waiting to find out when school starts in the fall so we can plan our trip there this year. Well, the schedule is out, we already have park tickets, we found great airfare through Airtran, we've agreed on which resort to stay at, and we're going to book our trip probably this week! Yahoo!!!

In training news, I got to the pool last night for a mile which I did in about 54 minutes. That might be my fastest split for the distance so far. I know it's still pretty slow, but at least I'm improving. It's funny, it takes me about a quarter mile for me to settle down and get into my sustainable rhythm. I go out WAY too fast and get out of breath very easily. I need to work on that.

After swimming, I changed into my running duds and did 3 miles on the indoor track in 25:23 at an 8:28 per mile pace. Just what I needed for a recovery run. I felt good but tired in the first mile due to the swimming. I had to consciously keep my pace slow. I guess that's a good thing. Right?

One more thing. I registered for the 2009 Wendy's International Triathlon yesterday. This is the one triathlon I've tried in the past (the distant past) and the sight of a truly spectacular DNF. I'm intentionally making this my first triathlon for that reason. It's time to make amends.

Oh, and for anyone who's interested, there's a nice photo of everyone from the group run on Superbowl Sunday here: http://cliffordruns.blogspot.com/2009/02/superbowl-sunday-group-run.html.

No comments: