Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Fast Recovery and the Return of Nice Weather

I've been getting my running miles in lately. Unfortunately, my swimming and biking miles have suffered a bit as a result, as well as finishing the house painting. Monday I brought my clothes to work and got my 3 mile "recovery" run in at lunch. I say "recovery" because I ended up running a bit faster than I should have. I was prepared for temps to be in the mid 40s to 50s and they weren't. It was a tiny bit chillier than expected and I was under dressed. That means RUN FASTER of course. A decent run, and now I have a dead-on 3 mile course through The Reserve.

Last night was a different story entirely. We've been having a warm up and I love it. I went up to the track with the car showing 55 degrees. NICE! Marsha and Lisa were just leaving after finishing 16 400s. Too many for me. Frank was there and I joined him for a decent mile and a half warm-up. Then we did a 200, 400, 4 X 800, 400, 200 and a 2 mile cool-down. My splits were: 40.98 (200m) / 1:32 (400m) / 3:10 / 3:12 / 3:10 / 3:04 / 1:26 (400m) / 40.58 (200m), all with recovery jogs from 200 to 400 meters in between for a total of 7.75 miles. It was so nice to be running in warm air, even if we had a stiff headwind heading down the home straight. Too bad winter is supposed to return for the weekend. Is there any way we can have nice weather on Tuesdays from now until spring?

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

It's hard to fathom it was in the 60's today, I'll bet you ran today even after speed work, I've got about 8-9 weeks left of bowling and then I hope to join you guys on tuesday nights this summer. see ya soon, Ladd