Wednesday, February 4, 2009

2/3/09

Now that I have my marathon training schedule posted on the refrigerator I have no excuse for missing a scheduled run because "I didn't know". That's one reason I found myself at the Rec. last night running 800m intervals on the indoor track. The other reason was that it was Tuesday and I'm used to doing interval speed work on Tuesdays. I got up there late, about 8:00 or so, and was surprised to see the track was still fairly busy for the time of day. Nothing like my Monday night run at all. Fortunately it wasn't so crowded that running fast would upset anyone as I didn't need to weave in and out. I had a decent workout but I could tell it was the third day in a row I had run. I'm not used to running this often, but I'm trying to stick with the training plan in the hopes I'll be able to knock another significant chunk of time off my marathon time. My splits were: 1 mile warm-up - 8:18 / 800m - 3:05 / 800m - 3:17 / 800m - 3:11 / 800m - 3:00 / 1 mile cool-down - 8:15, with additional 800m rest periods between each interval for a total of 6 miles. I was going to take tonight off from running, but there are only 3 miles scheduled so I may just get the run in quickly and be done with it. We'll see.

The only down side to all this extra running is that it's hard to find time to fit in the other two sports, especially the biking. I'll need to make some extra effort to get on the bike if this late night thing keeps going because I'm not getting up early after running at 9:00 the night before. Oh, and we're getting more snow this morning. Medina isn't as bad as southern Cuyahoga County, which is getting a foot or more of lake effect, but it adds to the snow pack which is going to take long enough as it is to melt. We don't need any more.

No comments: