Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Cinco de Mayo 2011

Originally, I wasn't planning to run Thursday, preferring to rest instead for my 50 miler two days later. Once I learned I wouldn't make my race however, I decided to head up to Hinckley for the Thursday night trail group. A Cinco de Mayo run! Esta un trio de fiesta runners: Roy, Shannon, and myself. (Don't mind my mangled Espanol. It's been a while.) The weather was gorgeous! Possibly the nicest Thursday night to run so far this year. I shot a few photos during our nearly 13 mile run.



The greening is well underway. And with all the rain we've been getting, it's about time!



Roy and Shannon







Me and my shadow.

The water crossings weren't bad this week. The feet stayed dry until we reached the big field between Parker and the Ledges.



Up on the Ledges.



Sunset across Hinckley Lake.





Hinckley Dam Spillway


A wonderful night to be out on the trails. We saw some horses, deer, and even quite a few blue herons. I suppose that since I'm thinking about running Rite Aid tired that I'll be back out on the trails tomorrow night. Hope the weather is just as nice!

No comments: