Sunday, May 1, 2011

BR100 Training - Week 17

Wow. Week 17 means there are only 13 more weeks till race day. That's really not much time. I mean, how much time does it take for someone to be prepared to run 100 miles? I don't know if there is an answer to that, but 13 weeks sure isn't enough. Now is the time for me to be putting in the miles. And that's what I'm trying to do.

This was my biggest week in a long time. After taking Monday as a "lazy" day (I really didn't want to go out in the rain that evening), I hit the track on Tuesday in very nice conditions for some decent 200, 400, and 800 meter repeats. An extended cool-down found Bob P. and me ratcheting up the intensity level well beyond your typical "cool-down."

Strength training went well on Wednesday with me working my legs again. I don't remember what the numbers were, but I know I was working to get in my reps.

Thursday was a soaker of a run in Hinckley. I was slammed at work, stressing and worrying all day, leaving late, that I needed to either run or do some shots. Run it was! It was just the de-stresser I needed.

Saturday was going to be the "nice" weekend day so I went long on the Towpath. Normally I don't exactly enjoy running on it. It's just so flat and crowded. I grabbed my camera and just went out to log some miles.

And today, Sunday, I went back to Hinckley to run the Lake Trail loop a few times. I thought a decent 10 mile run the day after doing 20 would be a low impact way to really tire myself out the weekend before my 50 miler. And judging by the fact that I took a two hour nap after I got back home, I think that was a correct idea!

Monday - Lazy day off
Tuesday - 10.3 miles, track and cool-down
Wednesday - Leg strength (PT)
Thursday - 9.3 miles, trails
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 20.5 miles, Towpath
Sunday - 10.0 miles, trail

Weekly total = 50.1 miles

No comments: