Tuesday, May 3, 2011

20.5 on the Towpath

While running on the Towpath Saturday, I envisioned the photographs I was capturing as black and white images rather than color. Little did I know how these simple austere images would fit my mood as I publish them today, the day I learned of the passing of my grandmother. I don't get too personal on here, and I'm not going to start now, but I regret not acting on one of our many thoughts: "You know, we should probably go visit her." I know she has been battling illness lately and I hope she is at peace.

There isn't much story to accompany the photos. I simply felt like running long on the Towpath and these are some of the things I saw. There's actually quite a bit to see down there before the jungle begins to fill in the gaps and everything turns green. There was green here and there, but mostly browns. And browns just don't make very interesting images.

I was actually very pleased with how they turned out. Some of them are keepers! All images were shot between the parking area south of W. Bath Rd to about 1 mile north of the Boston Store.













































































































1 comment:

Dan Horvath said...

love those b&w photos.