Sunday, May 22, 2011

BR100 Training - Week 19

A little late, I know, but better late than never. I know I don't have many followers so there aren't too many folks sitting on the edges of their seats awaiting my next post. My blogging is more record keeping for when I'm no longer spry enough to go out and do it any more. Hopefully this here Internet will still be around then or I'm going to be screwed!

Week 19 is a good example of how having a plan doesn't really mean much. With me missing the 50 miler the previous week, I was questioning what I wanted to do at Rite Aid. The original plan was to run it tired, simulating an ultra. More of a mental training day. A learning day. But coming off a lower mileage weekend I began contemplating racing it. Racing it at least to the constraints of my fitness level. But all week, I couldn't make up my mind what to do. It wasn't until Saturday afternoon that I decided: I would run it hard. 8:00/mile pace. That would be hard for me as I haven't been doing much fast roadwork or speedwork at the track. The week ended up being a taper week. I manage to cut running way down when approaching a race. Turns out that's a good thing for me.

Monday - Recovery
Tuesday - 6.0 miles at the track
Wednesday - Upper body strength training (PT)
Thursday - Rest/off
Friday - Rest/off
Saturday - Rest/off
Sunday - Rite Aid Cleveland Marathon - 3:29:47

Weekly Mileage = 30.2 miles

1 comment:

Dave said...

FINALLY - a new post!!! I was up all night waiting on this! ;-)

Congrats on the 3:29. That's a pretty good time for deciding your strategy the day of the event. No mention of leg pain either so I'm assuming that little mess is entirely cleaned up.

Full speed ahead --->