Monday, September 20, 2010

NC24


While I still have more posts to write about my Ironman experience, I must make a quick mention about this past weekend's North Coast 24 Hour Endurance Run, which also served as the National Championship. What a fantastic event! It was a very well run event in it's inaugural year in 2009 and it has only improved! Aside from the restrooms at the main area being locked (not the race's fault) early on Saturday morning, I don't have a single gripe about the weekend. And that's saying something! Fantastic job Dan H. for organizing a wonderful event! Maybe next year I'll be sufficiently trained to put up some big miles!
.
As for that, I'm happy with my results. Considering that just the week before I completed 140.6 miles in Wisconsin, that I could turn around and even attempt to do something like this was mildly astonishing. I felt good enough to start, so I did. I had no goal distance in mind. I would simply form my goals around how I would feel through the day and night. My final distance was around 62 miles, or 100K. Final results haven't been posted yet.
Big congratulations to Mrs. P for pounding out 54 miles! I don't think she even knew she had that in her! More details and photos to come soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Mrs. P. Awesome!!! Love, Texas