Tuesday, September 14, 2010

I Did It!


At 10:22 PM CDT Sunday evening, I became an Ironman! It was an amazing journey and experience. I was very fortunate to have so many people rooting for me and following along online. THANK YOU!!!
.
I won't get into much of anything right now. Look for full race weekend re-cap blogs coming soon with photos! We took a bunch!
.
Madison was a great city. The hotel was one of the best we've ever stayed at anywhere! We were able to walk everywhere we needed without any trouble. The restaurants we ate at were all very good. One so good, The Cooper's Tavern, that we went back on the night before the race!
.
Just the facts: My finish time was 15:22:31, placing me 2082 of 2398 finishers overall, and 297 of 352 age group. My swim time was 1:53:00, a PR time for that distance! My bike time was slow at 8:06:41, averaging 13.8 mph. My run time goal was to run sub 5 hours and I finished with a 4:59:13 marathon! Lots more details to come!
.
Today I'm still sore in spots but not as bad as I expected to be. I have some minor muscle soreness and an achy foot. Except for muscle fatigue, especially noticeable when climbing stairs, and the bee sting now being very itchy (story to come), I'm feeling pretty darn good. Good enough for a 24 hour endurance run this weekend? Well, maybe not that good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

SIMPLY AMAZING!!! Let's call you Superman. Love, Texas