Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Rite Aid Marathon Photos

Here are some nice series of photos from this year's Rite Aid Marathon for your viewing enjoyment. Now that I've figured out how to post multiple images, expect to see much more of this in the future!

The first three images are of Ladd and me somewhere in the early part of the marathon. It's somewhere after mile 4 and before mile 11, because Ladd has already handed off his top shirt layer to Marsha, and I still have my long sleeves on.


Contrary to appearances, we weren't talking that much while running. We were pushing much too hard to hold any conversations!

The next four photos were shot somewhere after mile 11, which is where I was able to hand off my long sleeve layer, also to Marsha. Judging by the curve in the road, I would guess somewhere around Cleveland Browns Stadium or Burke Lakefront Airport.


No, I wasn't pulling away from Ladd yet. He must have slowed for a gel or something.

The next two photos are after mile 17 by my estimate. We're climbing a hill heading south on East Blvd. I'm not hurting really bad yet, but I'm getting close. The guy in the tie-dye shirt will eventually pass me, I will pass him back, and he'll pass me again for good.

The next two photos are between miles 19 and 21, heading north on Martin Luther King Dr. I am in serious pain at this point, as my face will clearly show. Full leg muscle cramps are now in progress.
This is the kind of pain that makes people ask me why I run. My answer? Because it feels really good when the pain stops!


I'm not at all sure where this next photo was taken. There are no landmarks to help me and I can't place it from memory. And there's no one else around to help me judge where it's at.



Finally at the finish. I'm hurting, but only physically. The guy in the background got tripped up by a traffic cone and went down hard in front of me. So not only was he hurting physically, but mentally too. He lost time and wiped out in front of everybody. Not to mention it being announced on the loud speaker!



3:22:45


Here's a couple photos of Heather finishing her first (running) half marathon.

She looks like a boxer!


She's very tense looking when she runs.

Well that's all for now. I'm still working on a Father's Day post, but that may take a couple more days to get up.

1 comment:

Dan Horvath said...

Great pics - made me feel like I was there. Oh yeah... I was.

Did you purchase them from marathonfoto?