Wednesday, June 10, 2009

4 Days and Counting

Wendy's has really snuck up on me. I can't believe Tri number one is this weekend. So for a final week of preparation I hit the pool Monday night for a half mile with a short warm-up and even shorter cool-down. The summer hours at the Rec. are bad. Where I would have had up to two hours of pool time available, I only have one with the new hours. Oh well, I do what I can do. It went alright, for me anyway. I think my swimming ability is OK, but my breathing messes everything up. I'm going to try to work on that when I head back up there tonight.

I'm also awaiting delivery (I hope) of my wetsuit today. I need to check in on the UPS page to make sure it's still on time.

Last night was speed work night and what a turnout we had. That may have been the biggest showing since I started going last June. We ended up breaking into two groups. I think it worked out well. Our group did alternating 200 and 400 meter repeats. It was hot and humid and a tough workout. My splits were: :38 / 1:28 / :39 / 1:28 / :38 / 1:27 / :38 / 1:21 / :35. The 200 meter recovery between each repeat offered just enough time to catch my breath. We were pushing pretty hard! I could barely muster any strength at all for the cool down even. I was done. What a great workout! 6 miles total with warm-up and cool-down.

It should be a busy end of the week with hopefully 2 more trips to the pool, some trail running, getting the bike ready, getting the new wetsuit, and packing everything up to head down to Columbus this weekend.

No comments: