Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Back to the Track

I finally made it back to the track last night after missing two weeks in a row. And it didn't hurt as much as I expected it to. I actually felt pretty good during a couple of the repeats. But not the last one.

After running 1.5 miles to the track, I joined the warm-up, already in progress, for nearly a mile more. Then it was time for 1,000 meter repeats with 200 meters recovery. The splits were: 3:57 / 4:02 / 4:01 / 3:58 / 3:48 / 3:44. I felt really good on the 5th repeat, finishing fast after a slow first lap. But that caught up to me on the final repeat, where I felt horrible but still managed to come in a little faster. My cool-down was running back home, another 1.5 miles. All told I logged 8.3 miles for the night. Which is good because now that I'm concentrating on bike/run bricks on the weekends, my long runs are going to have to come during the week.

Only 11 days until Wendy's!

No comments: