Monday, June 29, 2009

2009 Father's Day Ohio Wine Country Tour

After much hinting at, I'm finally proud to present a visual documentation of how we spent Father's Day 2009.


We began our Northeast Ohio wine country tour at the Old Firehouse Winery in Geneva-On-The-Lake.


Located on the beautiful shores of Lake Erie.


Since we were going to order lunch, Heather decided to get the dry and premium wine sampler.


No, they're not Jello shots. They're 1 oz. tastings, 10 per tray. I have the sweet wines!


Bailey took the time to show me Canada.

I was sorry to inform him that we couldn't quite see Canada from there.


So he just climbed aboard the fire truck and was content.


Stop #2 was the Laurello Vineyards in Geneva. (Which isn't on the lake!)


I was very happy here as I switched back to dry reds. I just can't drink those really sweet wines the way I used to.


Heather was driving today, so she stayed with only small servings.


Bailey had his Nintendo and wasn't as bored as he looked here.

I wasn't bored at all!


Stop #3 was the South River Winery. It's in an old church building. It's WINE CHURCH!


Wine Church is cool!


I had a few samples before deciding on a glass.


The vines were very picturesque.


I guess I was becoming picturesque too.


Bailey was giving me "the look".


Heather was enjoying my picturesque-ness.


The grounds at South River Winery were amazing.




These two were waiting for me up front.


We really need to return here again.


Stop #4 was Virant Vineyards. But it wasn't open so it doesn't matter.


But they had the absolute coolest flowers out front!

Stop #5 was Debbone Vineyards. Or as Heather likes to call it, De Bone!


I was starving, so I dug into the food.


It was succulent!


Bailey didn't want to try my mini sandwich.


Heather was amused again.


Our 6th and final stop was the Grand River Cellars.


They had directions to all the other wineries in the area.


And more really cool flowers!


Heather and Bailey made a good picture.


I made for a good picture with a glass of Cabernet Sauvignon. And I was done after this one.


No orange barrels here! Just the nice oak kind.


And so ends our Father's Day trip. Stay tuned though. I plan to post photos from our Mother's Day trip to the zoo. And what a zoo it was that day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful excursion; but, who was driving? Texas