Friday, May 1, 2009

2009 Crime Victims' Awareness Week 5K

This is a very informal 5K put on by the Medina County Prosecutor's Office during Crime Victims' Awareness Week. I've known about the race, but this is the first year I've run it. And since it was held the night before the bigger Schoolhouse 5K, I wanted to take it easy and not push too hard. That was the plan, and that's what we did. Sort of.

Ladd and I ran together but went out a bit harder than preferred, without the benefit of a warm-up run. Frank challenged for the lead, but couldn't catch the fellow who won it in 19:10, settling for 2nd place. Ladd and I crossed the line together in 21:39 for a solid 3rd place tie.

My shin was still bothering me last night, and is today as well. I'm hoping it won't distract me too much in my PR attempt tonight and will heal up quickly in the last couple weeks leading up to the marathon. There is a chance for storms again tonight so I'm expecting it to be either wet or very muggy with temperatures in the mid to upper 60's. Last night's run was a bit on the muggy side, with rain threatening but holding off.

In other news, the waiting is over for the Buzzard Duathlon results. Or is it? Seems like Heather and I are missing from the results. Completely missing. I've contacted the race director but haven't heard back from him yet. Seems to me that if they have no record of us finishing, and haven't provided us with finisher's medals, then the $50 entry fee should be refunded to us. I'll provide updates as information becomes available!

One more thing. I've added a PR section to the sidebar. I was asked the other day what my 5K PR was, and I couldn't find it as up until today I kept all that on paper at home. Now I can finally access that information from anywhere in the world.

No comments: