Thursday, May 21, 2009

Early Morning Weekday Run #2



I decided to get up and enjoy the nice morning weather this morning and go on my first post-marathon run today. It was mid 50's, calm, and quiet. I felt I was ready to hit the pavement again Wednesday night, but decided to wait till this morning when it had cooled off a bit. I did 4.3 miles around the neighborhood at about an 8:40-ish pace. I could feel that I was still tired, but the first couple miles actually felt pretty good. The sore muscles didn't bother me at all. The second half was another story, as I could feel the overworked areas fatiguing very quickly. Definitely not ready for a long run yet, but maybe some more short ones.

I also took out the new Garmin 205 this morning. It's very nice. I like it better than the 101 already. It arrived the day after the marathon, go figure. Not that I would have worn it anyway.

I took today's photograph this morning before leaving for work. Our chive plant in the garden is blooming right now and the sunlight was hitting it just right.

No comments: