Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Last Track Workout

Four more days till Rite Aid and another new item on the sidebar. Today I created a list which I will update after every race. It's a list tallying the number of races I've done, broken down into each individual type and distance. I may be the only one interested, but I'm putting it up none the less.

Last night was the final speed work session before race day and we took it easy this week. I had some mileage, but I took it easy. I ran to the track, warmed up, ran 4 X 400m repeats, did a half mile cool down, then ran home. Total mileage was 7.5 miles and we pegged each 400 right at 93 seconds. The first 200 built gradually, then the second 200 was hard, but not an all out sprint. It left us breathing hard, but not drained.

So far, race day weather is looking good. We'll see what they're calling for on Friday though.

2 comments:

Dan Horvath said...

Hi Dan,

Good luck Sunday. I'll probably see you tonight, and probably again on Sunday morning, but if not, have a great run. I'll be in the slow lane behind you and Ladd.

Cheers

Dan

Anonymous said...

I like your new "widget". Good Luck with the Rite Aid Marathon. Texas