Sunday, May 3, 2009

5/3/09 Panera Group Run

Yes, this is my third post today. But I promise it will be the final one. For today!

We had a group run this morning, leaving out of Panera. Since the weather is so nice and I'm so close, I just ran over there, getting myself an extra mile and a half. I met Ladd and Chuck in the parking lot prior to the group run so we could get some extra miles in. We went out the Double Trouble course and wound around a development I had never been through before. But I'll be back! It was flat, quiet, and nice.

We were back in the parking lot by 8:15 to meet up with everyone else. Then we headed out again. We made our way here and there, going through Reagan Park, and eventually through the high school, where we made our turn back. We thought we would meet up with the ladies' group, but never did find them until the last leg back to Panera. It was getting hot and I was overdressed for the weather. Catching up to them near the end of the run, we were able to slow it down to a more comfortable pace. My legs still felt toasted from the effort Friday night.

Once at Panera, I ordered a Frozen Caramel and a chocolate chip cookie. I was hungry on the run, but didn't want anything too big and sweet. The drink was amazing! It would be even better with a shot or two of Bailey's or Kahlua thrown in! But those kinds of drinks need to wait for vacations.  :(

So I managed a good 15 and a half miles this morning at an 8:22 pace. I was only scheduled for 12. I'm not too worried about pushing things too much during my taper period. I might push a bit on the runs, but I'm going to add in more rest days!

No comments: