Sunday, May 3, 2009

2009 Buzzard Duathlon

Yeah! Our official results are officially up for this year's Buzzard Duathlon! And we weren't the only mixed gender team that was MIA. There were two others as well. One was faster than us and one slower. Meaning we finished in 2nd. Not a bad outing considering the heat of the weekend, the hills, and the miles the day before. Our official time was 1:50:26, about what I got when adding the splits from Heather's watch and my bike computer.

The day started out warm. Not even on the cool side. The clouds helped to delay further heating, but they even cleared out eventually, leaving the day free to become unseasonably warm, as Saturday was. Run 1 was probably the most comfortable of the three legs. I was even hot on the bike, draining my aero-bottle dry before completing the 15 mile course. Run 2 was very hot. It would have been nice for there to have been at least one fluid station out on the run course. Oh well. Just have to remember that for next time.

This was a nice early season test, even though I only did the bike leg. That's the one discipline I need to concentrate on right now. Swimming is coming along, but the bike is where I can make some significant improvement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congrats to the two of you. Texas