Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Waiting for Results

It's Tuesday morning and we're still waiting for the results to be posted from Sunday's Buzzard Duathlon. We did a decent job considering the temperature and the elevation gains on the course. Heather had 3 mile splits of 29-something and 31-something and I had a 50 minute split for the 15 mile bike portion. More details to follow once the official results are posted.

Last night I hit the weights for the first time in a while and I'm feeling it this morning. It's all good! It's been too long and I need to be more regular with the weight training. The strength training was to make room for some Dairy Queen later in the evening. We even walked there rather than driving. It's only a half mile each way. The place was packed! Even at 8:30! Heather and I split a Nut and Fudge Sundae in an edible bowl and Bailey just had a chocolate milkshake.

I was up early this morning to get a pre-dawn run in. I did a 5K distance with a short cool-down. The weather is still very nice, although it's supposed to change later today with rain and cooler temperatures arriving. That little headlamp puts out a decent amount of light. Thanks Ladd! I think I averaged 8-something miles. Nothing fast. I still felt sluggish from the weekend so I didn't want to push things too hard. Plus I still have speed work tonight. Unless it's cancelled due to lightning or something!

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

I miss my weekday morning runs before work in the dark, glad you can get some use out of the headlamp, the batteries would have gone dead before I got to use it again