Monday, April 13, 2009

Thirty-Six

This is a couple days late, but thirty-six is the number of miles I ran in two runs last week. Yeah, that's a little more than I'm used to. And only having one day of rest between didn't help much either.

Thursday night, Ladd and I joined up with the trail running crew in Hinckley for an evening trail running extravaganza. And except for some really muddy spots, it was tons of fun. I think this is the mid-week long run I've been looking to add into my routine. I hope to join them this week as the weather is supposed to be good, and I'm even planning on purchasing a pair of trail running shoes and some special socks so the water and mud won't bother me so much. We did about 15 miles, way more than expected, in a little over 2 hours. Let me just say that two hours of ups and downs, lefts and rights, rocks, roots, buzzards, creeks, mud, darkness, and a really long uphill section are enough to tire one out!

Saturday morning I ran down to Ladd and Marsha's house to meet up for a group long run. The course we ran gave us 12 plus the 9 mile trip down and back from their house gave me a nice 21 mile total in 2:51. We averaged a pace faster than I was hoping for, but it was a good workout. This will be my second last run at this distance before the marathon in May and I'm beginning to get some good vibes. All these miles are starting to have some benefit!

No comments: