Wednesday, April 1, 2009

3/31/09, Tuesday Night Track Work

Went to the track last night to enjoy some nice 57 degree weather. Frank was already there about 2 miles into his first 3 mile set when I joined him. As we were running though, all these kids began arriving. As it turns out, St. Francis' track team was meeting for a workout. It was a bit busy, but we all managed just fine.

I ended up doing nearly 5 before Heather and Bailey left for home. Just mile repeats at 7:30-ish pace but sometimes faster. Scott and Katie were there again this week and I joined them for two 800s after Frank left. After that I was off for a mile and a half run home in a light drizzle. It actually felt really good. I was hoping for around 10 total but it looks more like only 8. On the down side, I arrived home with a sore left calf and suffered from a horrible hamstring cramp last night in bed. Ouch!

Back to the track for speed work tonight. If this rain clears out it should be nice.

1 comment:

Clifford Running said...

I heard it would clear up and it did but guess what, it's a bit windy. I'm gonna forget hump day and just call it windy Wednesday.