Thursday, April 9, 2009

(Not really) Speed Work

Headed up to the track last night for speed work as usual, but was surprised to find it empty. I knew Ladd wouldn't be able to make it, but didn't expect to find no one there. Heather even drove separately because I would be there longer than she needed to be. Oh well. Time for plan B.

Plan B ended up being a 5K for time. I did a mile warm-up and got started. Not too fast, which was nice, a 7:04 mile 1. I picked things up a tad for mile 2 at 6:57. I was finally warmed up and sweating when I ran a 6:26 mile 3. The final 200 meters passed in 44 seconds to give me a time of 21:11. Not too shabby for being by myself. After that I did a little cool-down with Heather and Bailey and it was time to head home. So it was speed work, but not the usual kind.

I'm kind of glad no one else was there because I still felt a little tired from last weekend. That being said, I'm really looking forward to hitting the trails in Hinckley again tonight. I don't know how far we're going, but the weather is nice and it should be fun.

No comments: