Wednesday, March 9, 2011

BR100 Training - Week 9

Week 9 turned out to be a better week than others I've had recently. I was still nursing my leg injury over the previous weekend, but felt good enough to head to the track on Tuesday to try it out in some action. After a mile warm-up, which felt really good in my new pair of Brooks Launch, I rolled right into a timed 5K to see how things really felt. Not running all out, but pushing things, I finished with a 21:46. Not bad at all! Splits were: 7:05 / 6:59 / and 7:42 for the final 1.125.

With that run under my belt, I was comfortable making the decision to run the Green Jewel on Saturday. Up until that run, it was really a 50/50 decision. Surprisingly, weather didn't play a role in me deciding to run or not. As it was going to be a soaker of a day, it easily could have been. I'll get into much more detail in a separate race report, but I finished, tired and in not too little pain, in 5:47 for 31 miles. That is a road 50K PR for me and a PR of nearly an hour compared to my first 50K, the 2009 Bills' Bad Ass Trail 50K.

More details on my rainy day in the Cleveland Metroparks to come soon...

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - 4.5 miles at the track
Wednesday - Back and Biceps
Thursday - Off
Friday - Off
Saturday - Green Jewel 50K
Sunday - Rest/Recovery

Weekly Mileage = 35.5 miles

No comments: