Thursday, March 24, 2011

BR100 Training - Week 11

I felt like I was starting over this week. And, in a sense, maybe I was. I had reached the end of my rope. Completely flustered with the lack of recovery in my shin, I went to see the expert, Dr. Joe. My running up until that point was dwindling to nothing. Walking hurt. I had to try something different. And so far, it seems to be doing the trick! Whatever was going on in my leg required some serious work and that is what it is getting.

Hand in hand with the injury is a lack of motivation. I've made my way into the vicious cycle of skimping on my training. It began in Week 10 when I was sick, developed last week, has continued this week, and won't change next week. April holds my chance to leap from this revolving door and get back on track. Hopefully after a little spring break vacation I'll be able to make that leap firing on both mental and physical cylinders.

Monday - 1.0 mile walk
Tuesday - off
Wednesday - 2.0 mile walk
Thursday - Shoulders and Arms / Dr. Joe
Friday - off
Saturday - 3.0 miles, track
Sunday - 10.13 miles, trails

Weekly totals = 16.13 miles

No comments: