Monday, January 31, 2011

BR100 Training - Week 4

Week 4 was a big mileage week, even though I missed my run on Tuesday. This was a mini ramp-up week and next week will be down a hair. Which might be a good thing considering the inclement winter weather we're supposed to get. I've been slacking on my cross-training somewhat and need to re-focus. Maybe staying inside the next few days will afford me the opportunity to do just that! Also this week, as can be seen in one of my photo-blog images, my alcohol fast ended. 24 days is a record for me, but it wasn't any fun and wasn't motivating me the way I thought it would. Having been away from it for so long however, I've found that I am appreciating it more. The plan now is to enjoy in strict moderation. There's a balance somewhere for me to find.

I picked up a new headlamp this week on the recommendation of Ladd. The battery life is less, but it puts out a ton more light. And that's what I'm needing: MORE LIGHT! I've also officially determined that I need new running shoes, both road and trail. I'm down to one decent pair and that's just not enough for the kind of mileage I'm doing. I'm looking forward to shoe shopping soon!

Monday - Off
Tuesday - Off
Wednesday - 9.4 mile snowy run PM
Thursday - 5 mile treadmill run PM
Friday - Rest
Saturday - 20 mile snowy run
Sunday - 12.38 mile run


Weekly mileage = 46.78 miles

No comments: