Monday, February 7, 2011

BR100 Training - Week 5

Week 5 already? This is going fast! The fifth week was a scheduled "recovery" week with less mileage on tap. That's not to say I didn't entertain thoughts of putting in another 40 mile week, nor to say I wasn't on the verge of doing just that. I made the mistake of wearing VERY worn shoes for yesterday's run and was really starting to feel it. So... I let my experience take over and I shut the run down short, running 10 shushy miles instead of 14 or so. I wore my trail shoes thinking the extra tread would give me superior tread over my road shoes. While that may have been the case, the lack of cushioning left in the shoe after 660 miles really beat me up. I would have been better off slipping and sliding more than I ended up doing anyway.

I may still need new trail shoes, but I took care of the new road shoes problem on Friday. New Saucony Ride 3's and trying out Mizuno Wave Rider 14's. I feel like I need to break each pair in a bit before taking them out for a long run, but I'm excited to have some new soles between my feet and the road!

Monday - 20 min elliptical PM
Tuesday - 2 mile treadmill run PM
Wednesday - Scraped thick ice from driveway, 1 hr AM
Thursday - 6 mile treadmill run PM
Friday - Scraped thick ice at work, 1 hr AM
Saturday - 17.01 mile run AM / 90 min yoga PM
Sunday - 10 mile run AM

Weekly mileage = 35.01 miles

CONGRATULATIONS PACKERS!

No comments: