Saturday, January 1, 2011

2010 Year End Review

The final numbers for 2010 are in. No change in swimming and cycling since September, but running edged up a little.

Swim - 46.7 miles

Bike - 1,284.33 miles
Road - 939.83 mi
Trainer - 299.5 mi

Run - 1,140.37 miles
Road - 734.29 mi
Trail - 391.08 mi
Treadmill - 15.0 mi

Those are some decent numbers, especially the swimming and biking. This may possibly be the first year that I have logged more miles in the saddle than by foot in a while! For 2011 I expect run mileage to be WAY up, cycling to be down considerably, and hope swimming won't drop too far. Time will tell...

Although 2010 wasn't the kind of year 2009 was, I'm still very pleased. I was running in pain for much of the winter/spring and had some horrible races as a result. But somehow I managed to get past that, log some serious summer mileage, and go on to finish Ironman Wisconsin. Then the next week, I ran in a 24 hour event! Something had to be going right there! All that training burnt me out so the end of the year pretty much fizzled. Now that I'm refreshed from a break, I can hit the ground running for 2011 and try to avoid some of the things that got me down last year.

No comments: