Wednesday, November 18, 2009

A Quick Saturday Recap

This week is shaping up to be no different from last week: Busy! The 50K went very well on Saturday, with Ladd and I running it in 6:46. I have another slew of photos to post, which is what is holding up my race report. I'm hoping to get a start on it tonight.

Saturday evening, Jr. P and I took the Mrs. out for dinner to celebrate her birthday (number 29, I think ; ) We made the trip up 271 to Legacy Village to dine at The Melting Pot, a fondue restaurant. We had never been there before and have heard great reviews about it.

The birthday girl had some champagne concoction.


Jr. was surprised to see his frozen milkshake substitute.


I enjoyed a single glass of red.


Although the food was very tasty, the experience is what you're really paying for here. And as I wasn't feeling 100%, having just run 31 miles a few hours earlier, I couldn't enjoy the whole experience as much as I could have. Live and learn, I suppose. We would like to make a return trip sometime, if only to enjoy the cheese and dessert courses!


We demolished the dessert course, which had us dipping strawberries, bananas, brownies, rice crispy treats, and cheesecake into dark chocolate!


Keep an eye out for my Bills' Bad Ass 50K race report soon. (I hope)


No comments: