Tuesday, November 24, 2009

It's Almost Thanksgiving

And you know what that means...

It's time to start focusing on the 2010 season! I have two MAJOR "A" races next year, the Boston Marathon in April and Ironman Wisconsin in September. I've gone ahead and set my countdown timers accordingly! While I already have other races scheduled, those are my two big events. I like how they bookend the year with one in the spring and the other in the fall. The winter and early spring will be training for Boston while the entire summer will be be devoted to Ironman training. That leaves me some room at the tail end of the year to add in some fun runs. I'm already planning on running the Run With Scissors Double Marathon next year. Because nothing says "fun" like running 52+ miles!

Of course I'll be adding in smaller races from time to time like the assorted 5K's, half-marathons, marathons, 50K's, duathlons, triathlons, and a little something I'm contemplating for June which I'm not going to elaborate upon at this time. All I'll say is that it has the possibility of becoming the most interesting event on my schedule for next year. But more info on that once I've reached a decision!

No comments: