Friday, May 16, 2008

Waiting For the Sun

Hoping for the sun is more like it. After a cold, crappy, rainy morning, the sun is now out and the skies are blue. I have a sinking feeling that Sunday morning is going to resemble the former unfortunately.

Last night was the Medina Heart Walk. I normally stick with officially sanctioned races and don't partake in charity events such as this. But I must say, that we had a decent time walking the 3 mile course. It was a bit chilly. And the sidewalks a bit uneven. And the intersections a bit busy without police direction. But all in all, it was an enjoyable time. And the money went to a very good cause. I must say that after the walk is what I'm going to remember. We were going to go to BW3's and get some burgers, but as luck would have it, they were packed as usual. So we went across the street to the Brown Derby Roadhouse. I had a nice 12 oz. steak which was dwarfed by the absolute largest sweet potato I have ever seen. It was the BIGGEST potato of any kind I have ever seen. I couldn't have eaten all of just the potato if I tried. Of course I finished my steak. To not do so would have been wasteful. And I washed it all down with a mug of Dortmunder Gold that must have been 32 oz. That's the most food and beer I've gotten for the least amount of money in a long time. I was able to eat guilt free too because I did half an hour on the elliptical in the morning, walked 2.3 miles at lunch, and finished the day with the 3 mile walk.

So Sunday is looking to be less than ideal running weather. If that is indeed the case, I'm not going to worry myself to beat 1:38:28. I'll be satisfied with a solid run and finishing with no aches or pains.

As for tomorrow. Good luck Jr. P in getting the soccer game in without getting soaked as well. Then we're off to race expo in Cleveland to pick up race packets and browse. After that, we'll be dropping Jr. off for the night with his aunt and uncle. Then it's back to Medina. I'm so excited to burn off all the $4.03 per gallon gas I put in the car yesterday! That's right. I can finally say that I've spent over 4 bucks a gallon. I thought it would feel like I was having my blood sucked from my body paying that much. It didn't though. Maybe because I was keeping one eye on a pair of vagabonds at the next pump. With their beater van and 1960's looking torn jeans. And I'm not talking stylishly torn jeans. I'm talking "Dude get some new jeans," jeans. But that's a story for another time.

So, I hope we get some decent dry weather for Sunday. I wish Mrs. P, Stimie, and The Wife the best of luck as they are walking the half marathon. They're going to be out in the elements a bit longer than I will. I wish luck to everyone else running, walking, and wheeling Sunday as well. And I'll let you know how things fared a little later.

Mr. P

No comments: