Thursday, May 8, 2008

Quick Training Update

Just a quick note here. Sunday's brick workout went very well. I cut the bike leg short by a few miles, just because I was slightly under dressed and was cold. But I felt I made up for that by doing the second run about 30 seconds faster than the first run. I was feeling pretty good for the second set of 3 miles, and just pushed it. I've been cross training all week so far. Elliptical, walking, weights, the usual cross training stuff. I've really gotten used to walking at lunch. I'm lucky to have two courses to choose from, both of which are fairly removed from the hustle and bustle that is Medina. Also this week, I dropped another body fat percentage. According to my scale at least. Down to 16% body fat according to the Tanita scale. And I'm finally starting to see it in the mirror. Also, my pants don't fit too well anymore. My jeans are all baggy and require a belt, which has now seen use in the smallest hole. It's taken a few years to get to this point, and I don't plan on EVER going back to 200 lbs.

As for the weekend, I'm hoping to get a 9 mile run in at Hinkley on Saturday morning. I don't know if events will permit me to do it, but I'd like to try. That would leave Sunday open for some riding. I'm not sure what the weather is planning on doing this weekend either. Plus we're having a party Saturday night, so Sunday morning might be a little rough. Just over a week till Rite Aid. I'm excited for it. I'm not going to pressure myself to PR there. I just want to run a good race, have fun, and come out of it without any problems or issues. Duathlon season is less than a month away, and I need to be ready for it.

Mr. P

No comments: