Wednesday, April 27, 2011

BR100 Training - Week 16

Water. Water everywhere. That has been the theme for April and Week 16 lived up to that moniker. I've been hesitant to get back out on the pavement since coming back from my injury, fearing the pavment may have helped to cause it in the first place, but I returned to the hard stuff this week in the hopes that a good pounding would help with strength and conditioning. Not to mention I have the Rite Aid Marathon coming up in two weeks and need some road miles.

Having taken Sunday off due to the high winds (I really didn't want to go run in that), I ran roads Monday after work. I was pushing, but not going very fast. I just don't have any speed right now.

Tuesday was nearly a complete washout at the track. A sizable thunderstorm came through canceling the track meet and literally flooding one end of the track. I waited for the lightning to pass the the rain to lighten somewhat and headed out for some wet miles in my raincoat. Eventually Dan H. joined me and the rain stopped, giving us quite a nice evening to run.

Wednesday strength training continued this week, moving to the legs where I need it most. It was a good workout that left me mildly sore. That soreness would grow considerably both during and after our Thursday night Hinckley trail run. But that's a very good hurt! We had a long run and finished in near dark. It was almost time to turn the headlamps on.

Saturday I stayed close to home, running the Chippewa Inlet and Rail Trails as well as around Buckeye Woods. I'll write more about this "2 Snake Run" in a separate post. Sunday, being Easter, was an off day. But after another decent week, I needed it.

Monday - 6 mile run, road
Tuesday - Elliptical and core work AM / 6 mile run at the track
Wednesday - Strength Training (PT) Legs
Thursday - 12.77 mile trail run
Friday - Off
Saturday - 20 mile run, road (some trail)
Sunday - Happy Easter!

Weekly totals = 44.77 miles

No comments: