Thursday, February 24, 2011

BR100 - Week 7

And week 7 is where everything fell apart. The tendon pain in my lower left leg recurs whenever I run or walk. Elliptical too. I took the week off from running until Sunday, then went out to do some fairly flat easy trails. No better. I ended up running the entire distance up on the balls of my feet, which is completely foreign to me. No pain, but lots of stress elsewhere. Switching my running style is not something I'm interested in doing nor something I'll be able to pull off for longer runs. I think I would end up straining something else and making the whole problem worse.

Green Jewel is very questionable at this point. I'm not worried about running 31 miles having not run much in the three weeks prior. That would be just a long taper. I'm worried about the course being point-to-point without any SAG support. If I need to drop, there's no one to give me a ride. It's all pavement. At this point, I hate pavement. Give me my trails back already, snow! The Buckeye Woods trails were extremely treacherous in spots. Very slick ice. I'm so tired of this winter.

Beyond the GJ, I'm re-evaluating my entire 2011 schedule. Fortunately for me, I haven't registered for a ton of events yet. Unfortunately for me, only one event offers a refund, and that's the one event I want to do the most. I suppose I will take a wait and see attitude and just take each race one at a time and hope for the best.

Monday - Rest
Tuesday - Shoulders and Arms AM / Elliptical 60 minutes PM
Wednesday - Off
Thursday - 2.5 mile walk
Friday - Off
Saturday - Off
Sunday - Yoga AM / 5 mile trail run PM

Weekly mileage = 7.5 miles

No comments: