Friday, April 16, 2010

Boston




My Thoughts About Running Boston

(Stream of Consciousness Style)


I still don't really believe I'm going to be running the Boston Marathon on Monday.
I'm not as prepared as I would like to be, but it will have to be good enough.
The pain in my feet and ankle tendons is unpredictable but tolerable.
The pain in my lower back is unpredictable and disabling.
I really hope my back doesn't start bothering me.
Part of me wants to just go out and have a fun time.
Part of me wants to try to re-qualify at my 3:15 time.
Part of me hasn't decided what it wants to do yet.
The hills worry me, even though I've trained on them pretty hard the past few months.
I like hills!
My feet don't like hills, particularly the downhills.
Boston has many downhills.
It's out of my hands at this point. I'm just going to run and do my best based upon how I feel that morning. If I have the opportunity to push hard, I most likely will. If I hit 3:15, great! If not, oh well.
Best of luck to everyone I know running Boston on Monday and the BAA 5K on Sunday, and everyone I don't! I'll see you there!

No comments: